Home prices can make owning a home feel out of reach, but we’re here to help. Over 35+ years, we’ve helped nearly 500 families achieve their dreams of homeownership. Will you be next? Homeownership: Direct provides a clear pathway to an affordable mortgage with the support you need to succeed.
How it works
- You complete Habitat pre-purchase counseling and 4-8 hours of online education to help you succeed as a homeowner.
- You provide 8-16 hours of sweat equity, volunteering on our sites to help reduce home costs.
- You shop for a home with a realtor or on the open market in Jasper, Polk, or Dallas County.
- We review the home inspection to ensure that you’re purchasing a quality home.
- We provide up to $15,000 of down payment assistance to support your purchase.
- You purchase your home with an affordable mortgage originated by Habitat.
How to qualify*
- Qualifying applicants for Homeownership: Direct will have a household income between 50% and 80% of area median income (see the graphic below for details).
- Qualifying applicants must be first-time homebuyers.
- Additional requirements will be reviewed upon application. Contact our team to learn more.
* Program participants must have $4,000 in savings by the time of closing to cover closing costs.
Contact our team to learn more: email email@example.com or call 515-373-1902.